Illustration serves as a tool for my imagination to thrive. I utilize visual development to discover the possibilities of an idea, by forging new combinations of abstract subjects with mundane objects. Guided by traditional illustration principles, I apply a variety of digital software and media in distinctive combinations to convey concepts at daring new elevations as I explore the depths and layers of creativity. I incorporate both pragmatic detail and fluid motion in my work, investigating the boundaries of believable design while appealing to the exaggeration of anatomical movement in character expression.
As part of creative design team, visualized and generated original concept art for Star Wars: The Old Republic video game production pipeline
• Conceptualized and designed in-game content, including environment assets, attachment sets, creatures, vehicles, props, and armor.
• Created sketches, thumbnails, and refined design illustrations for in-game content utilizing advanced digital painting techniques and 3D
modeling programs, including Photoshop, Blender and specialized Bioware augmented software.
• Effectively communicated visual intentions with creative team at daily production meetings and critics, as well as weekly staff meetings.
• Collaborated with character, environment and game design production teams to produce final concept sheets containing developed
renderings, sketches, and material reference information.
As part of an upper level course in visual development, conceived and executed original story, characters, props, environments, and vehicles in support of plot:
• Critically analyzed character and story approaches, focused on environments and effects.
• Utilized Photoshop, Illustrator, Zbrush, Blender, and traditional drawing for conceptual character and landscape production.
• Executed final production and pitches showcasing utilization and aims.
Created original story, established characters, and built environments supporting characters for upper level course in visual development:
• Developed original story line and thumbnail panels.
• Executed final concept sheets and renderings to display fully developed character andvisual aesthetics.
• Pitched final concepts and diplomatically responded to questions.
Resident Assistant, Department of Residence Life, Ringling College of Art & Design, Sarasota, Florida August 2015-present
Supervised 20 residents in programming, counseling, judicial, and administrative roles:
• Completed training program on health, safety, academic policies, and conflict resolution; handled and averted emergencies.
• Established relationships with residents; referred students to appropriate college personal; submitted weekly reports to RA coordinator.
• Advised residents on personal, academic, and social affairs; developed educational and beneficial programs for residents.
Lead team of 10 painters and interns; oversaw the painting of theatrical set pieces in a 6500 sq. ft. stage; worked directly with set designer to decipher and recreate technical drawings; as well as additional renderings in a 3D real life setting:
• Conceived stylized theatrical set designs; reproduced colors, textures, and ageing of surfaces.
• Worked under strict deadlines in a professional work environment as part of a management team.